1 tbsp of tomato puree
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp of Ras el hanout powder
1 Red onion, chopped
1 tsp of Tahin or sesamseads
3 tsp Harissa or small piece of red chili peper, chopped.
200g Red split lentils, make sure that you rinse them until the water runs clear.
1 L vegetable stock water
400 gram tomatoes, chopped in small blocks
200 gram can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
small bunch coriander, roughly chopped.
- Heat a large cooking pan with some olive oil.
- And add the chopped red onion with some tomato puree and after that you can add the eggplant with the spices Ras el hanout, Cumin, Tahin, Coriander and Harissa.
- Stir in 140g red split lentils, 850ml vegetable stock or water and a 400g can tomatoes, then bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the lentils have softened ( something like 20/30 min ).
- Blend the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until it is a rough purée, pour back into the pan and add a 200g can drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Heat gently, season well and stir in a small bunch of chopped coriander, reserving a few leaves to serve.