500 ml chicken broth or vegetable broth
5 large russet potatoes peeled and cubed 3 spicy Italian sausage
6 slices of bacon
1 large onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 can of cannellini beans (drained)
150 gram chopped kale stems removed
80 ml cooking cream
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Parmesan cheese optional
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces and start cooking them in a large cooking pan. Add the chicken broth.
- Meanwhile you can cut the bacon in pieces and cook them in a separate pan or put it on a plate in the oven until crispy.
- Set aside and save the drippings of the bacon.
- Fry the sausage in a pot pan and try to break them with a spatula while stirring frequently until cooked.
- Add the pieces of onion and minced garlic and sauté 3/5 minutes and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done you can add the drained Cannellini beans, cooked sausage with the drippings and chopped kale to the soup.
- If you saved some drippings of the bacon then you can it also in to the soup.
- Simmer for 15 minutes so the different flavors can get along.
- Mash the soup a little with a whisk or mixer and try to leave some pieces of potato in the soup.
- Now its time to add the Cream and season the soup with salt and peper to taste.
- Serve with some bacon, peper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese on top.