Roasted butternut carrot soup with curry, coconut milk and a of pecannuts pumpkinseeds and sultana.
- 4 Large carrots peeled.
- 1 Butternut pumpkin peeled, seeds removed.
- Yellow curry paste.
- Kurkuma/ Curry madras is also good.
- Olive oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Salt & pepper.
- 1/2 medium onion chopped.
- 4 cups vegetable broth.
- For the crumble some pecannuts pumkinseads and sultana raisin.
- Maizena or Roux for making the soup thicker.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and move the rack to the middle position.
- Prep your carrots and pumpkin and slice them in small blocks.
- Add the carrots and pumpkin to a baking sheet and put some olive oil, garlic and salt & pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.It's a good idea to check how they're doing after about 15 minutes or so, and you can also give the veggies a flip/stir at this point if you wish.
- When the veggies are about done roasting, heat some tablespoon of olive oil in a soup pot. Sauté until the onion with coriander, some tomato puree, kurkuma powder and curry paste until its lightly browned.
- Add the carrots and pumpkin, coconut milk, vegetable broth to the pot. Increase heat to high and once it starts to gently boil, reduce heat to medium-low.
- After 30 min turn of the heat and blend the soup
- Once the soup is blended, season with extra salt or vegetable stock and thin with some water if needed.
- Use Maizena or Roux for making the soup thicker.
- For the crumble but the pecannuts pumkinseads and sultana raisin in the blender to crush them.
- Now you can garnish the soup with the crumble, coriander, sliced chili pepper.
Jack S. (zaterdag, 20 april 2019 20:55)
Thanks for sharing this recipe !!�