Also called sopa de peixe, abobara e farinha di mais.
Fishsoupe made with bacalhau ( Codfish) polenta and pumpkin. My mother taught me this dish. It is eaten in Cape Verde, but also in Portugal. The rich flavors come mainly from the corn, cod and pumpkin.
1 Onion shredded
4 toes Garlic
Chili or sambal
Codfish fresh&clean 500 gr (Sea salted)
200 gr Polenta
1 kg of pumpkin
spring onion for garnish
*secret ingredient is play with the amount of ingredients.
1. Fry the cod with garlic in a pan with a little bit olive oil.
2. Cut the pumpkin in small pieces and set aside.
3. Slice the spring onion thinly and set it aside.
4. Fry the chopped onion in a soup pan until it turns brown.
5. Extinguish with water and let the pan fill up to the ears.
6. Then add the fish broth and the pumpkin.
7. After the pumpkin has been cooked gently ( at least 45 minutes) you can purée it with a hand blender
8. Boil it again ( 20 min )and add the chili and polenta.
9. You can cut the cod in little pieces and add it to your soup.
10. Cook everything well and taste it to play with the ingredients.
11. When ready to serve, you can garnish the soup with spring onion and chili flakes.
A. Cabral (zondag, 12 mei 2019 16:16)
Thanks for sharing this amazing soup!