- 4 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1 large onion or 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic toes
- Vegetable or fish broth
- 200 ml cream
- 1 bay leaf
- Dill chopped
- Chili flakes chopped
- Roux or potato starch
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Heat some olive oil in a large cooking pan and gently fry the shallots and garlic until softened but not coloured.
- Add the fennel and the dill and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Pour the soup into a blender, add the cream and blend until smooth.
- Return all to the pan. Cook and stir until slightly thickened or add some Roux ( flour & butter mix ). Simmer 15 minutes longer (do not boil)
- To serve, pour the soup into a serving bowl and sprinkle the chili flakes, dill and add some citrus oil for the finishing touch.